Sunday 5 January 2014

Before I turn 17: the bucket list

This is practically the sequel to my previous post of my 2014 resolutions. 

I have one month left until I'm seventeen and I feel like I should take advantage of my adolescence and finally enjoy being sixteen. Theres a romantic aura about being 16, isn't there? At 16, you lose connection with your childhood while you prepare yourself for the realities of adulthood. I regret not making the most of being 16. I don't mean experimenting with sex and drugs - which is expected of a 16 year old. I mean I wish I started things like Freak and getting my learners licence a lot more earlier than in my last few months. I treasured my innocence but that meant I ran away from responsibility hence why I didn't bother to apply for jobs and I only recently started re-vamping my CV.

Heres my bucket list:

  • Get a job
  • Go to a haunted house (just because)
  • Release the first issue of Freak
  • Watch the stars from a car roof
  • Go on a mini road trip with friends. (not too sure exactly where but it has to be somewhere magical)
  • Read Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell (I've borrowed it from the library already but I want to finish The Beautiful and Damned by F.Scott Fitzgerald first)
  • Walk the streets while everyone's asleep
  • Participate in a protest 
  • Learn how to make dumplings
  • Get a tattoo

Sorry for the lack of excitement.

If I don't do all these things before I'm 17, I'll move them to my "Before I turn 18: the bucket list".

- freak out

(p.s. I will be crossing things off from the list as I've done them)

No comments:

Post a Comment