Saturday 4 January 2014

Resolutions for Y2K14


It's been 5 days into the new year of 2014 and its already lost the "new" feeling since I've come to terms with time, which passes ever so quickly. Before I finish reading Crime and Punishment, its already going to be 2015. Instead of resisting the current of time, I shall embrace 2014 and "go with the flow". I'm going to take initiative and make things happen for me this year rather than waiting around for opportunities to come to me. I'm going to make opportunities happen. I'm worried for what will happen in 2014 but yet I'm excited because I'm going to follow the "I don't give a fuck" mantra and start living. This year I want to meet interesting/odd/strange people and hope to befriend them since I'm sick of boring people who are obsessed with social status, wealth and "fitting in". I also have high hopes for Freak even though we have yet to assemble it together for its release on February 1st. 

After reflecting on 2013, I've come up with resolutions to improve myself and make 2014 the best yet. In 2014, I'm going to...
  • Be adventorous and spontaneous 
  • Stop caring about what people think
  • Meet new people outside my social circle
  • Start a journal 
  • Get really fricken good at piano by practising at least 5 times a week
  • Improve my Chinese (so I'll need to befriend more Chinese people)
  • Be able to do sit-ups 
  • Do a quarter (or half) marathon 
  • Develop a Freak following (which means I hope Freak takes off and has dedicated readers)
  • Use my initiative to reach my ambitions
These resolutions allow me to have some control over 2014 but I won't be able to control everything that happens for the next 12 months. Who knows what will happen? I may fall in love. I may move overseas (hopefully to New York). And maybe by the end of the year, I may also be enduring the start of a career in my preferred area of profession. I expect good things for this year but I know I need to restrict my optimism as its possible 2014 could be a disappointment.


- freak out

No comments:

Post a Comment