Thursday 18 July 2013

cinematic style: My Fair Lady

I got out My Fair Lady from my local video store once before but I didn't think I could spend almost 3hrs on my ass where I could be doing other productive things even though I've watched Pineapple Express 3 times and once with commentary in the past 24 hours or so. It was ironic how Seth Rogen finished the commentary by saying "you must be high to be watching this commentary or if you're not you just wasted 2 hours"and I slightly blushed. Anyways back to My Fair Lady - I thought I would give this movie another chance after I saw some beautiful shots of Audrey Hepburn while filming My Fair Lady that were in a book of Cecil Beaton's work that I came across at the library. The film was enjoyable, I like it but I don't love it. However I did absolutely love the costumes and I could not stop staring at the screen because I was in awe of the amazing designs and also Audrey's beauty that shone through the screen but even the female extras looked fantastic.






Little did I know that Cecil Beaton actually designed the women's costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment