Monday 14 October 2013

Directioners are going to hate me



When I was fifteen, I made the impulse decision to buy One Direction tickets for their Sunday 13th October 2013 concert in Auckland, taking a risk as there was a chance that within the 18 months I would out grow my obsession with them. Now I'm 16 and I don't have that intense desire for them anymore as I did when I was 14-15, which worried me so the 24 hours leading up to the concert I did my best to waken the 'directioner' inside of me. I had high hopes for the concert and I was genuinely excited. However, I went to the Auckland concert last night and I'm not entirely sure if it was a good concert or not. I'm not sure if my $130 was well spent.

To me, a good concert is when you (the audience) feel connected to the performer in some way, whether they make you feel special or they inspire you.  One Direction didn't make me feel that way. In saying that, I was dancing, singing and screaming along with fellow teenage girls and just going crazy. I mean, how could you not go crazy over Harry's voice? And luckily for the boys, it's almost impossible to forget lyrics when theres around 12 000 girls singing every word in unison. The main reason why I didn't think it was 'top notch' concert is that I felt as if they didn't mean what they were saying like "Auckland, you just may be the loudest concert we've ever played!" I know every performer says the city they're playing in "is the best ever" but at least most of the time its believable. It just seemed like they were saying the exact same thing at every concert like it was scripted. 

They somehow managed to looked like they were enjoying themselves while being bored at the same time. I don't blame them though, last night was their 118th concert of their Take Me Home tour. I can imagine every show, every crowd and every city all becomes the same to them. Nothing stood out to me apart from Liam's impressive beat boxing and that Harry looked 'damn fine'. I have a theory that they didn't put all their efforts in last night because they know they can make girls go ballistic by just doing the pettiest of things such as touching their hair.  

I do have a lot of respect for them as they have come a long way since their  X Factor days. I remember being obsessed with them when they only had two songs, What Makes You Beautiful and Na Na Na, and so I just had to watch their X Factor performances and interviews over and over again to give me satisfaction. I can't help but feel proud of them even though its not about the music anymore. 

Maybe if I had better seats I would be saying different things. 


Although I wasn't 100% pleased by their concert, I still can't stop listening to Little Things.

- freak out


(photo source: http://www.3news.co.nz/Entertainment/Photogallery/tabid/768/articleID/317119/Default.aspx)

No comments:

Post a Comment